What is a vaporizer good for and which type to choose
One of the main advantages of vaporizers is the fact that thanks to it we significantly reduce the volume of harmful substances that we inhale. Vaporizers can heat the herb so that the inhaled substance is only released but not ignited.
We distinguish vaporizers on the basis of the following main criteria:
The basic types of vaporizers are 3 - fixed vaporizers, portable vaporizers and vaporizers.
- Fixed vaporizers. In other words - tabletop. These are not to be moved because they are firmly connected. They are characterized by much higher vapor quality and more functions than portable types. You can, for example, attach a balloon to a fixed vaporizer or use it comfortably for a group session.
- Portable vaporizers. The advantage of a portable vaporizer is clear. You can take it with you everywhere. The vast majority today we find portable vaporizers, which are recharged using electricity, but there are also vaporizers for butane or fire.
- Vaporizing pens. That is, portable vaporizers that resemble a pen or electronic cigarette in shape. The pens are very discreet and practical. Their disadvantage is that they usually use less preferred conduction heating (see below). The advantage is then a favorable price.
ACCORDING TO HEAT SOURCE
We distinguish between conduction, convection and infrared heating.
- Conductive heating. It uses direct contact of herbs and electrically heated surfaces to heat it. It is characterized by less perfect heat distribution and its difficult regulation, which can lead to the burning of the herb.
- Convection heating. In this way, air heated to the exact temperature acts on the herb. Thus, the substance can evaporate more evenly and with greater efficiency. From the conduction / convection duo, this type of heating is undoubtedly the more luxurious variant.
- Infrared heating. It is heated by a source of electricity or light. The herb absorbs radiant energy, heats up and releases its components in the form of steam. It is a rarer type of heating, the quality of which corresponds to convective heating.
Vaporizers are designed for either dripping dry herbs or concentrates.
- For dry herbs. These vaporizers are used to heat herbs in the so-called raw form. The herb is dried, crushed and placed in a suitable vaporizer. In the heating chamber, the dried herb is heated, steam is released and inhaled.
- For concentrates. Such as waxes or oils, i.e. concentrated forms. The advantage of concentrates is that much smaller amounts are needed to achieve the desired effect. Concentrates cannot be used with dry herb vaporizers and vice versa.